For the Merry Christmas conclusion, the WORDmeister says: Final exams are done today, and it's all over but the grading! As the first half of this 18th WORD season comes to a close, some enduring advice for students—and their teachers.
“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.”
—Groucho Marx (1890-1977), philosopher-entomologist
• Editorial Comment: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Have a great holiday, WORDsters.I’ll be back Jan. 7.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs about writing and teachers from writing professor John Bremner? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Headstones and mosquito abatement hot topics in Providence, by Danielle Manley
• City council moves proposed Nibley rezoning on to second reading, by Danielle Manley
• ATV News: Aggie basketballer collapses; holiday updates for Cache Valley (12/5/12), anchored by Romina Nedakovic and Kelsey Keller
• Faculty Profile: AggieTV prof shines from fiery crash to Christmas lights, by D. Whitney Smith
• Nibley City council moves proposed rezoning on to second reading, by Danielle Manley
• Mountain Crest women stumble on free throws, fall to Alta, by Brandon Fonda
• Post-Cold War missiles still pose world threats, defense official says, by D. Whitney Smith
• Reindeer Run and Santa come to Providence this weekend, by Dani Hayes
• Woman sentenced to 0-5 years in prison on drug charge, by Brandon Fonda
• Wellsville planning commission approves home business permit, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Hyde Park man sentenced on marijuana charge, by Curtis Lundstrom
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
The PeezPix photo show at Caffé Ibis on Federal Avenue in Logan, Utah, through Jan. 7. Check it out!