Advice on Writing
“I never think at all when I write. Nobody can do two things at the same time and do them well.”
—Don Marquis (1878-1937), humorist, poet, columnist, author, playwright and creator of “Archy and Mehitabel”
• Editorial Comment: There’s thinking and breathing, thinking and talking, thinking and running for political office....
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from New York Times editorial writer Verlyn Klinkenborg, about the honesty of sentences? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Aggie TV News (video): 9/26/12 Homecoming Week at Utah State University. USU’s student newscast.
• Mercy rule invoked as MC Mustangs pound Bonneville, by Danielle Manley
• Cub River sports complex to stay in county, Richmond says, by Heidi Vaughn
• Professional center at Gateway & 1st North OK’d by Providence, by Dani Hayes
• Opinion: A question of principle—I just can’t vote for Mitt, by Harry Caines
• Demo challenger chides Congress on gridlock, urges voter turnout, by D. Whitney Smith
• The saga of labor activist Joe Hill, executed in Utah, wins Evans prize, by D. Whitney Smith
• Diné Tah and Joe Hill: Books on the Navajo and labor leader win awards, by Natasha Bodily
• ‘What do I do?’ Nontraditional students in the dark at USU, by Kelsie Davis
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Fall Harvest on Utah’s Fruitway, Brigham City