A WORD for Final Exam Week
“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull.”
—W.C. Fields (1880-1946), comedian-philosopher-savant
• Editorial Comment. No comment.
MORE INTERESTING STUFF . . . .
Visit our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Veterinary science no longer a ‘man’s world’ – women now a majority, by Rachel Kenley
• Bad winter air seeps back into Cache Valley, causes asthma and illness, by Lindsay Nemelka
• Home brew: Art of making wine and beer on the rise in Utah kitchens, by Rouchelle Brockman
• ‘Fix it’ ticket for headlight turns into arrest for failure to appear in court, by Nick Bolinder
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
• PeezPix cards & prints
. . . Catalog here.
• • •
TODAY'S WORD ON JOURNALISM is a free “service” sent weekdays during the school year to 1,800 or so misguided volunteer subscribers around the planet. If you have recovered from whatever led you to subscribe and don’t want it anymore, send “unsubscribe” to email@example.com. Or if you want to afflict someone else, send me the email address and watch the fun begin. WORD archives, commentary and reader discussion at http://tedsword.blogspot.com (Disclaimer: I just quote 'em, I don't necessarily endorse 'em. All, in theory, contain at least a kernel of truth.)
• • •
Ted Pease, Professor of Interesting Stuff
Utah State University, Logan, Utah
To receive Today's Word on Journalism, or to flame the WORDman, email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little." --Tom Stoppard
• • •
CALLING ALL UTAH STATE U. JCOM ALUMS: Where are you? We're updating our alumni list. Please check in with Perfesser Ted.
• • •