Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Murdoch Speaks

.
Say What You Think

News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch appeared on The Kalb Report at George Washington University yesterday in a rare, wide-ranging conversation about the press. His TV rivals, MSNBC and CNN, “tend to be Democrats,” Murdoch said, while Fox News staff “are not Republicans.”
• About The New York Times: “I have great respect for the Times except it does have an agenda” [that includes] “anything Mr. Obama wants. You can see it. You can see it in that the White House pays them off by feeding them stories and so on.”
• About the Washington Post: “I don’t read the Washington Post. I probably should, but I don’t.”
• About partisanship: “No. I don’t think we should be supporting the Tea Party or any other party.”
• About Obama: “Unlike the rest of the country, I hope he does well. . . We are criminal in this country in that we are turning out a new generation of people worse educated than their parents.”
• About John McCain: “I didn’t find him personally likeable. He’s somewhat a little hard to read wondering which side of the bed he got up on that morning. But he is a great patriot. Any man who has been through what he’s been through, you can make a lot of excuses for.”
• About online news: “I think most papers in this country are going to be putting up a pay wall. How high does it go . . . We’ll see. . . We will be very happy if they just publish our headline or a sentence or two and that's it. Followed by a subscription form.”
—Rupert Murdoch, CEO, News Corp, April 6, 2010

Editor’s Note: Since we’re talking, what do you really think about Glenn Beck? Really.

Today’s Wish-I-Were-Here Photo: In Rebecca's Garden. . .

.

No comments:

Post a Comment