Creating [Wrong] Reality
“What is it with television news and corrections? When the rest of the journalism world gets something wrong, they generally correct themselves. But network news acts as if an on-air admission of error might cause a meteor to land on the noggin of one of its precious talking heads. NBC used all of the powers at its disposal to amend the mistake, except the high-visibility airtime where the bad clip ran in the first place.”
—David Carr, media writer,
The New York Times, April 22, 2012
• Editorial Comment: No film @ 11.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Truth Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs on Truth from Will Rogers, Winston Churchill, Emily Dickinson and other luminaries? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Journalism prof known as quirky, dedicated, passionate, inspirational, by Kristi Ottley
• History named top teaching department at USU in fierce competition, by Allie Jeppson
• Astronomer warns of ‘Death from the Skies’ in Science lecture, by Mary Stocking
• Commencement 2012: Aggies have less debt than national average, by Kristi Ottley
• Aggies team up with Nike to launch new ‘look’—uniforms, bull, logo, by Rebecca Holliday
• Young couple finishes restoration of historic Hyde Park house, by Shannon McCleve
• Wellsville residents’ opinions divided on proposed truck stop, by Jemina Herrero • Aggies TV News—Cache Rendezvous (April 25)
• Decision nears on proposed Oneida Narrows dam, but fight not over yet, by Allie Jeppson
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Lulu the Bighearted Dog left us much too soon.