Critics say the Romney campaign has been misrepresenting welfare issues, and The Washington Post's "Fact Checker" awarded a Romney ad “four Pinocchios.” The Romney campaign dismisses the criticism.
—Neil Newhouse, Romney pollster, Aug. 28, 2012
(Thanks to alert WORDster Brenda Cooper)
• Editorial Comment: Reality check, please.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs on media literacy, from John McManus? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Logan, Utah, makes top-10 (we’re #3!) list of best college towns in U.S., by Ted Pease
• ‘Meet the weirdos,’ dean urges students at USU opening event, by D. Whitney Smith
• Aggie journalism prof’s Washington Post article foreshadows Ethiopian leader’s death , by Matthew D. LaPlante
• Aggie Reports from Ethiopia: Olympic Dreams, Empty Pockets , by Danielle Manley
• Joe’s boat bursts into flames—in his driveway!, video by Ted Pease
PeezPIX by Ted Pease