Riding a tiger’s back
“Not too long ago, reporters were the guardians of scarce facts delivered at an appointed time to a passive audience. Today we are the managers of an overabundance of information and content, discovered, verified and delivered in partnership with active communities.”
—Mark Little, Storyful founder,
in Nieman Reports, 2012
• Editorial Comment: Hang on tight! Yeeeeehaaaa!
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from author, essayist and spider ghostwriter E.B. White, on how mass media looked from a 1938 perspective? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Logan, Utah, makes top-10 (we’re #3!) list of best college towns in U.S., by Ted Pease
• ‘Meet the weirdos,’ dean urges students at USU opening event, by D. Whitney Smith
• Aggie journalism prof’s Washington Post article foreshadows Ethiopian leader’s death , by Matthew D. LaPlante
• Aggie Reports from Ethiopia: Olympic Dreams, Empty Pockets , by Danielle Manley
• Joe’s boat bursts into flames—in his driveway!, video by Ted Pease
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Old Main, Utah State University