“As much as I hate to admit it, the American media are really indispensable to our country.”
—U.S. Sen. Orrin G. Hatch, R-Utah, 1997
• Editorial Comment: Did you sprain anything there, yer Honor?
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from former St. Louis Post Dispatch editor William Woo, on building public trust? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Aggie TV News (video): 9/20/12 It's Ag Week! Logan’s canals. Free energy from water? Spider silk. USU’s cheese-driven land speed record. Top of Utah Marathon, sports & weather.
• Diné Tah and Joe Hill: Books on the Navajo and labor leader win awards, by Natasha Bodily
• ‘What do I do?’ Nontraditional students in the dark at USU, by Kelsie Davis
• North Logan council, planning commission work on city center details, by Jessica Sonderegger
• Macey’s offers helpful class for your garden zucchini explosion, by Dani Hayes
• Utah legislative hopefuls showcase positions at USU debate, by D. Whitney Smith
• Large animals OK on R1 lots in Smithfield, Planning Commission says, by Katie Swain
• Richmond Relic Hall a ‘labor of love’ for pioneer woman’s descendants, by Heidi Vaughn
PeezPIX by Ted Pease