Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bill O’Reilly, Cub Reporter

.
Foreign to Reporting


http://wapo.st/1Eeaala
“O’Reilly . . . wasn’t interested in tips. ‘I tried to give him some advice, give him a read on how the place worked. He didn’t seem too interested. I offered in a suggestion on how things worked and he didn’t pay any attention to me.” . . . 

“‘I saw him as someone who wasn’t willing to be held back by the restrictions that govern rookie reporters. . . . He was the kind of guy who wanted to find a story that was going to get him on the air that night.’”

Eric Jon Engberg, former CBS correspondent, in Terrence McCoy,How Bill O’Reilly imploded at CBS following his Falklands War ‘combat’ reporting,” The Washington Post, Feb 23, 2015 WaPost video here.

Editorial Comment: Shaddup, Jimmy Olson, and get me a coffee.


PeezPix by Ted Pease 

Clam Beach













TODAY'S WORD ON JOURNALISM is a free “service” sent to the 1,800 or so misguided subscribers around the planet. If you have recovered from whatever led you to subscribe and don’t want it anymore, send “unsubscribe” to ted.pease@gmail.com. Or if you want to afflict someone else, send me the email address and watch the fun begin. (Disclaimer: I just quote ’em, I don’t necessarily endorse ’em. But all contain at least a kernel of insight. Don’t shoot the messenger.) 
 
Ted Pease, Professor of Interesting Stuff, Trinidad, California.
(Be)Friend The WORD
“Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.” —Tom Stoppard
.

No comments:

Post a Comment