Friday, November 21, 2008

Letter to the Editor

.
Dreck?

Ted,

In years past, TODAY’S WORD was full of wit and wisdom and insight. It was like a rich stew or gumbo for the mind.

This (school) year, I find the quotes true but tepid, informative but not inspiring. In the past I used to pass on many of your gems; now I don’t.

Am I just imagining this? Have others commented? Is it me?

What was a tasty dish is becoming dishwater. Bring back the meat and potatoes. And the desert.

Steve

Editor replies: Hmmm. Well, as the chef, I’m responsible for selecting the ingredients of this gumbo. Maybe it’s been the election cycle? Worldwide (media) climate changes? Senility? I’ll see if I can’t find some new marketplaces. Thanks for the, er, feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Steve,

    Find better ingredients and quality meat and forward them to Ted.

    It has worked for me!

    "Ask not what the Word can do for you--ask what you can do for the Word"

    HT(sort of): JFK

    Regards,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete