Oohhhhhhh, Mister Grant!
“If you choose to work in TV news, you have to have a thick skin. This isn’t ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show’ anymore. It’s more like ‘Survivor.’”
—Angela Davis, news anchor, KSTP-TV, Minneapolis/St. Paul, 2004
• Editorial Comment: Cute doesn’t cut it.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs about the death of legendary legal journalist Anthony Lewis, from Andrew Cohen? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• After hours of cold, boredom, sleeplessness—free hot & spicy wings! by Dani Hayes
• USU groups launch campaign to end thoughtless use of the ‘R-word,’ by Mary Taggart
• Musicians, film-makers get thumbs-up from Richmond council, by Shayna Marcure
• Town council plans to repave Paradise, but only two blocks, by Dawn Otterby
• ATV News includes . . . USU College of Ed ranks nationally again; local insight on the new Pope, anchored by Randall Henry and Loren Brewer; Emily Landeen producer
• City parks, senior center will benefit from Hyrum volunteers, by Paul Christiansen
• North Logan council resolves to adjust boundary with Logan, by Jonathan Larson
• Memorial celebration for USU design professor Alan Hashimoto, by Katie Swain
• Aggie student lobbyists educate Utah Legislature on USU priorities, by Dani Hayes
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.