Saturday, April 18, 2009

Discussion of "The American Newspaper" on KUED

.
Whither newspapers?

. . . and with them, whither the American conversation? Glenn Warchol, blogger for The Salt Lake Tribune, Joel Campbell of the BYU Department of Communications, and Ted Pease of the WORD and USU's Journalism & Communication Department put their heads together with Doug Fabrizio, host of Utah Now on KUED public TV in Salt Lake City. (4/17/09).

In discussing the future of the dying technology, three old, white, male dinosaurs weigh in. Also appearing, Tribune editor Nancy Conway, and Deseret News editor Joe Cannon.
.

3 comments:

  1. Jeez, Pease. You're even MORE boring on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent discussion. I just watched this after my mom, a PR lady, raved about it. And I posted it on the USU media ethics blog. Good work, Prof. Pease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Peez!
    I saw you on KUED Utah Now. You did great. I loved your point about blogs not allowing for an open discussion, and everyone not being informed on the same page. That is what Arie and I did our ethics project on, we will have to email you our results. Anyway, it was exciting to see you on TV. I disagreed with the bald blogger guy though :). Storee

    ReplyDelete