Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Thoughts for Final Exam Week

.
Chem Final Today. Wish I Had My Brain!
A Sing-along WORD

Scarecrow:
“I could while away the hours,
Conferrin’ with the flowers
Consultin’ with the rain.
And my head I’d be scratchin’ while
my thoughts were busy hatchin’
If I only had a brain.

“I’d unravel every riddle for any individ’le,
In trouble or in pain.”

Dorothy:
“With the thoughts you’ll be thinkin’
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.”

Scarecrow:
“Oh, I could tell you why
The ocean’s near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I’d sit, and think some more.

“I would not be just a nothin’
my head all full of stuffin’
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry,
life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.”

—Ray Bolger and Judy Garland,
from The Wizard of Oz,
lyrics by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg
(original 1902; film 1939)
Watch the clip and sing along!

Editorial Comment: Thinkin’ ain’t no rinky-dinkin’.

<-- Original 1902 poster









• A column for the end of the school year:
Go, unlearn the lies we taught you

Join Today’s WORD on FaceBook and Twitter! And (be)Friend USU JCOM Alumni & Friends.

PeezPix cards & prints



..

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete