. . . Obsession
“[J]ournalism is not just a job, but an obsession. It’s about pursuing stories beyond the dictates of common sense, about disappearing down rabbit-holes, but always in the pursuit of truth. It’s essential. We can’t do without journalism. And we can’t do without journalists. How else are we to figure out what’s going on in the world?”
—Errol Morris, filmmaker (Thin Blue Line, Fog of War, etc.), author and New York Times blogger, from a 2010 commencement address to the Berkeley School of Journalism
• Editorial Comment: The larger question: If a tree falls in the forest, do we care?
• Join Today’s WORD on FaceBook and Twitter! And (be)Friend USU JCOM Alumni & Friends.
• New Story: Liberalis Dan Smith reports on a new magazine by USU’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which is unapologetic in its support of liberal arts “degrees to everywhere.”
• For USU and Cache Valley News, visit the award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café.
• PR FACULTY WANTED: The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened a national search for a tenure-track professor of public relations and corporate communication. Start date: August 2012. See USU HR link here for full posting and details. Email email@example.com for more information.
• PeezPix cards & prints