Life Is Funny
“The press is like the peculiar uncle you keep in the attic—just one of those unfortunate things.”
—G. Gordon Liddy, former Watergate burglar, talk-show host and pundit (who also said, “If I can go from burglar for the government to talk show host, you can go from entertainer to congressman.”)• Editorial Comment: A peculiar, ranting, drooling uncle.
• Faculty Wanted! The JCOM Department at Utah State is taking applications for a multimedia instructor, teaching our new required multimedia class and assisting with the Aggie TV newscast classes. For full position description, click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Despite crippling illness, artist still finds—and shares—beauty every day, By the staff of The Blue Streak
• CHaSS students pitch in to help each other, tout liberal arts education, by Kristi Ottley
• JCOM Scholarships for 2012-13. Deadline: April 2
• USU hosts 4th annual regional public relations conference, by Allie Jeppson
• Petersboro man’s ‘Just 1 can’ project helps fill food pantry’s shelves, by Josh Ruggles
• Empowering women and girls can solve global poverty, author says, by Jimena Herrero
• Aggie BluePrint: 5 things you never knew we had on campus, by Lindsay Nemelka
• The Blue Streak: What do students want from their candidates in 2012? by Matt Skabelund, Katie Carter, Parker Jeppesen, Julia Stock, Jessica Jolley, Adison Pace and Victoria Hepworth
• The Aggie TV News Team (Feb. 22 edition). Bookmark ATV News
• Ancient history not only about cave men, archeologist tells crowd, by Josh Ruggles
• Prepare kids for kindergarten by reading to them, teachers say, by Tara Alvey
• Mechanic can get out of his wheelchair, back under cars again, by Steve Kent
• Federal budget cuts threaten Nibley’s Maple View subdivision, by Jessica Wilkinson
• ‘Out of Iraq’ to bear witness those affected by war on conflict’s 9th anniversary
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
JCOM’s new home—The $43M USU Agricultural Sciences (and Journalism) Building. We’re packing. Moving day 3/30.