Thought Sounds in My Head
Rick Santorum: “See, I always believed that when you run for president of the United States, it should be illegal to read off a TelePrompter. Because, all you’re doin’ is readin’ somebody else’s words.”
Stephen Colbert: “Yes! It should be illegal. Voters cannot trust candidates who have somebody else’s words in their mouths. That’s why no ventriloquist’s dummy has been nominated since the dark days of Charlie McCarthyism. I believe we cannot stop at TelePrompters. I reject all prewritten words. That’s why I’m against reading books. I mean, books are a lie. When I read words it makes thought-sounds in my head like I’m thinking them!”
—The Colbert Report, March 14, 2012
• Editorial Comment: There just aren’t enough of those thought-sounds in this election cycle.
• Golden Parachute: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs about the multimillion-dollar golden parachutes given failed newspaper publishers who presided over firings and decline at USAToday and the NYTimes? Click here.
• Faculty Wanted! The JCOM Department at Utah State is taking applications for a multimedia instructor, teaching our new required multimedia class and assisting with the Aggie TV newscast classes. For full position description, click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• TODAY: ‘Out of Iraq’ to bear witness those affected by war on conflict’s 9th anniversary
• Aggie journalists win 17 regional Mark of Excellence Awards
• Review: ‘West of Memphis’ is chilling, heart-wrenching, by Natasha Bodily
• Teams vie to live healthy in Live, Love, Nutrition Challenge, by Kristi Ottley
• USU alumni, professionals on campus for 3-day regional PR conference, by Allie Jeppson
• Hundreds attend dedication for new $43 million Ag College building, by Allie Jeppson
• Mendon’s GOP caucus: Record turnout, strong support for Hatch, by Josh Ruggles
• Backyard beekeeping 101: Smithfield class attracts honey of a crowd, by Jessica Wilkinson
• Local group works to restore Wellsville’s historic tabernacle, by Jimena Herrero
• JCOM Scholarships for 2012-13. Deadline: April 2
• The Aggie TV News Team (March 7 edition). Bookmark ATV News
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Dr. Seuss weeds.