Think for Yourself
“Governments are most dangerous when they try to tell people what to think.”
—Anthony M. Kennedy, U.S. Supreme Court associate justice, 2002
• Editorial Comment: Yeah, butt out. We have pundits and cartoonists for that.
• Internet Immoderation: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Sacramento Bee editorial page editor Stuart Leavenworth, on the Internet as fire-starter? Click here.
• Over the transom:
Council debates nudity, chickens
Kennebec (Maine) Journal
That can’t be good....
• Relocation: The JCOM Department begins its move today into its swanky new offices in the new Ag Building on the USU Quad.
• Faculty Wanted! The JCOM Department at Utah State is taking applications for a multimedia instructor, teaching our new required multimedia class and assisting with the Aggie TV newscast classes. For full position description, click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Hard News Café March News Roundup (March 26)
• The Brady Jardine Story, on KUTV2’ Talkin’ Sports, by ATV Sports’ Bailey McMurdie
• City Council votes to expand River Heights with annexation, by Sean O’Sullivan
• License plates stolen by thief in the night, by Chris Lee
• Logan man arrested on suspicion of felony theft, by Tmera Bradley
• The Aggie TV News Team Cache Rendezvous (March 21 edition). Bookmark ATV News
• Cat dies in RV park fire; trailer renter charged with arson, by Mary Stocking
• Fate of Cherry Peak ski area appeal still undecided, by Josh Ruggles
• Wellsville City Council looks for solutions to sidewalk problems, by Jimena Herrero
• Scottish Highland Games: A different kind of fling in Richmond, by Chris Lee
• ‘Empty Bowls’ Fundraiser to Help End World Hunger, by Allie Jeppson
• Trenton youth pleads guilty to December robbery of convenience store, by Chris Lee
• USU Eastern student journalists win 11 Utah Press awards
• Aggie journalists win 17 regional SPJ Mark of Excellence Awards
• JCOM Scholarships for 2012-13. Deadline: April 2
PeezPIX by Ted Pease