Man’s Best Friend
“Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
—Groucho Marx (1890-1977), philosopher-king
• Editorial Comment: For Banned Books Week, curl up with a book and a dog.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, on free speech? Click here.
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Aggie TV News for Oct. 3, 2012: Congolese officials, Army Blackhawk helicopters, bikers with teddy bears, and more.
• Writing Ethiopia: USU journalism students report on African nation, by Kristen Munson
• Albrecht statement on Coward retirement; Cockett named new provost
• Public Lands Day: Building a good fence to have happier neighbors, by Danielle Manley
• Family environment of Synergy program in Cornish helps troubled boys, by Brandon Fonda
• 17-pound cheeseburgers defeat all but one at Man V Grill, by Jessica Wilkinson
• Richard Brookhiser to discuss James Madison’s legacy at USU
• Aggie TV News (video): 9/26/12 Homecoming Week at Utah State University. USU’s student TV newscast.
• Smithfield kids pass smoke test at Summit school Safety Fair, by Katie Swain
• Cub River sports complex to stay in county, Richmond says, by Heidi Vaughn
• Opinion: A question of principle—I just can’t vote for Mitt, by Harry Caines
PeezPIX by Ted Pease