The Last Word
“The media are far more powerful than the president in creating public awareness and shaping public opinion, for the simple reason that the media always have the last word.”
—Richard Nixon (1913-1994), 37th president, who learned this lesson the hard way
• Editorial Comment: Pay attention, RomBama (ObamNey?)—think horses and bayonets...
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from The Committee to Protect Journalists, which calls Turkey the greatest threat to journalists globally? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Rocky Anderson comes to USU to talk press ‘deception’ & presidential politics
• Aggie TV News: (10/17/12) $512,861,410! USU announces conclusion of successful capital campaign; USU tennis coach fired; celebrating successful $400 million USU capital campaign; student response to presidential debates; Aggie woman swims English Channel, sports, northern Utah weather & more.
• Where does taxpayer money go? Richmond’s recorder knows, by Heidi Vaughan
• Obama-Romney too close to call, opinion pollster tells USU audience, by Shayna Marcure
• Smithfield cyclist survives crash, shows up for his own benefit dinner, by Heidi Vaughan
• Richmond Lions join with Logan couple to give glasses to the masses, by Katie Swain
• Opinion: Book nazis—Keep your mitts off my reading lists! by Ted Pease
• Craving a little freak out? Try the Heritage Center’s Haunted Hallow, by Shayna Marcure
PeezPIX by Ted Pease