“Yes, I think people should be allowed to criticize me all they want. And they do. The freedom of people to express themselves must be protected. The right for people to express themselves in the public square is a freedom.”
—President George W. Bush, 2006
• Editorial Comment: Those were the days.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Tina Brown on plans to close the print edition of Newsweek on Dec. 31? RIP. Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Aggie TV News: (10/17/12) $512,861,410! USU announces conclusion of successful capital campaign; USU tennis coach fired; celebrating successful $400 million USU capital campaign; student response to presidential debates; Aggie woman swims English Channel, sports, northern Utah weather & more.
• Craving a little freak out? Try the Heritage Center’s Haunted Hallow, by Shayna Marcure
• Smithfield residents say thanks to city with 150+3 birthday party, by Katie Swain
• Mendon approves building permits in order to pay for water pipe, by Brandon Fonda
• Bees Brothers: Family project becomes honey of a business, by Jessica Sonderegger
PeezPIX by Ted Pease