Who’s in Charge Here?
“If the people of the entire United States could be informed every day of exactly what happens at Washington and the reason for it, the peculiar stranglehold that the corporations have upon national legislation would last no longer than the next election.”
—Charles Edward Russell (1860-1941), journalist, politician, Pulitzer winner and NAACP co-founder, in La Follette’s Magazine, 1910
• Editorial Comment: He has more faith in both the press and electoral change than I do...
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from longtime press critic and teacher Ben Bagdikian on newspapers and ukuleles? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Hyde Park man sentenced on marijuana charge, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Aggie TV News (11/20/12)—Aggies go for WAC championship, is it the end of the Twinkie? Sports, Turkey weather & more, anchored by Brianna Bodily & Ryan Humphries
• Legally Blond: USU professor smooches student in stage drama, by Heidi Smith
• Mendon must raise $1.2 million for water well; sets public hearing, by Brandon Fonda
• Country swing dance emporium coming to Smithfield? Stay tuned, by Katie Swain
• Silent auction set for ‘found bikes’ in Smithfield, by Katie Swain
• ‘Botanizing Utah’—scientist follows 1890s photo safari of the West, by D. Whitney Smith
• Reporter’s Notebook: Night in a cop car with ‘hell trying to break loose,’ by Dani Hayes
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
PeezPix featured throughout December at Caffé Ibis. Opening Dec. 7.