“Trying to be a first-rate reporter on the average American newspaper is like trying to play Bach’s St. Matthew Passion on a ukulele: The instrument is too crude for the work, for the audience and for the performer.”
—Ben Bagdikian, journalism educator and media critic, 1985
• Editorial Comment: Me fix iPad with rock!
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Nieman Fellow Henry Banta on news as entertainment? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Hyde Park man sentenced on marijuana charge, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Aggie TV News (11/20/12)—Aggies go for WAC championship, is it the end of the Twinkie? Sports, Turkey weather & more, anchored by Brianna Bodily & Ryan Humphries
• Legally Blond: USU professor smooches student in stage drama, by Heidi Smith
• Mendon must raise $1.2 million for water well; sets public hearing, by Brandon Fonda
• Country swing dance emporium coming to Smithfield? Stay tuned, by Katie Swain
• Silent auction set for ‘found bikes’ in Smithfield, by Katie Swain
• ‘Botanizing Utah’—scientist follows 1890s photo safari of the West, by D. Whitney Smith
• Reporter’s Notebook: Night in a cop car with ‘hell trying to break loose,’ by Dani Hayes
PeezPIX by Ted Pease