“I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was a boy, though it seemed an unlikely outcome since I showed no real talent. But I persevered and eventually found my own row to hoe. Ignorance of other writers’ work keeps me from discouragement and I am less well-read than the average bus driver.”
—Garrison Keillor, author and radio host, 1999
• Editorial Comment: That describes my wildly successful career in nucular engineering.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs on wastebaskets from Isaac Bashevis Singer? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Guest column: Don’t come to Canada, American secessionists, by Sherry King
• Silent auction set for ‘found bikes’ in Smithfield, by Katie Swain
• Aggie TV News (11/14/12)—No parking! After-school program boosts reading, Aggies go weightless on the ‘vomit comet,’ sports & more!, anchored by Kelsey Keller & Emily Landeen
• ‘Botanizing Utah’—scientist follows 1890s photo safari of the West, by D. Whitney Smith
• Reminder: Overnight parking ban starts Nov. 15 in Logan, by Brandon Fonda
• Reporter’s Notebook: Night in a cop car with ‘hell trying to break loose,’ by Dani Hayes
• Weekly News Roundup (11/12/12)
• Failure to appear for court a common reason for arrest, cops say, by Jessica Sonderregger
• Paradise Town Council finances pass auditor’s muster, by Katie Swain
• Washington view: Life of the intern in the DC office of the SL Tribune, by Betsy Blanchard
PeezPIX by Ted Pease