Travel Is Head-Swelling
“A foreign correspondent is someone who flies around from hotel to hotel and thinks that the most interesting thing about any story is the fact that he has arrived to cover it.”
—Tom Stoppard, British playwright
• Editorial Comment: Nice work if you can get it.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs that apparently weren’t spoken (exactly) by Albert Einstein about technology idiots? Click here.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Musical ‘Jane Eyre’ pushes emotion ‘over the edge,’ composer says, by Dani Hayes
• 10-year-old kids making sweet music: ‘I like all the sound we make,’ by Katie Swain
• Fry Street Quartet concert honors Caine family generosity, impact, by Curtis Lundstrom
• The ribs are back! Savannah’s BBQ reopens after long hiatus, by Jessica Sonderegger
• North Logan city officials weigh benefits of boundary change, by Jonathan Larson
• Oui, merci! Providence first-graders can learn in French, come fall, by Paul Christiansen
• Aggie TV News (2/7)—World news, North Korea’s nukes? Salt Lake protest at Capitol over Utah air pollution, gays in Boy Scouts, are USU students smarter than 5th graders? sports and weather, anchored by Emily Landeen and Loren Brewer
• Richmond P&Z approves conversion of Pet Milk factory to warehouse, by Shayna Marcure
• CNN’s Jessica Ravitz comes to USU for Morris Media & Society Lecture
• 1,483 pancakes! IHOP fundraiser for kids is about giving—and eating, by Jessica Sonderegger
• AggieTV News—Plane crash ends well, winter weather & more, anchored by Katrina Warburton & Kelton Wells
• A night out at Lewiston Theater, by Shayna Marcure
• Creepy but compelling: ‘Stoker’ director connects with actors, audience, by Dani Hayes
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email email@example.com. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.