The Irrepressible Mr. Mayor
“You don't have to love them. You just have to respect their rights.”
—Ed Koch, (1924-2013) former New York Mayor, died last night. NYTimes obit
• Editorial Comment: Wherever he is now, his first question: “How’m I doing?” Not too bad, Mr. Mayor
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs on how the media make up stories, from Rush Limbaugh? Click here.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Comedy group to perform in benefit for USU student injured in motorcycle crash
• Sundance 2013 closes: What a great party! by Ben Hansen
• Review: A glimpse inside the ultra-private Orthodox Jewish world, by Dani Hayes
• Quadside concert series will continue this semester with local talent, by Manda Perkins
• Cough! County to impose emissions testing, but inversion will remain, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Aggie TV News (Jan. 29, 2013): More winter storms, area traffic accidents, the northern Utah inversion, sports, weather & more, anchored by Emily Landeen & Aaron Griffiths
• Aggie TV News (Jan. 24, 2013): Winter snow, Arts Week, sports & weather, anchored by Brandon Fonda and Victoria Hepworth
• Providence Council says unanimous no to school district’s plans, by Paul Christiansen
• No decision yet by Hyde Park on request to build ‘green home,’ by Zack Dau
• Paradise Valley Orchards will offer vegetables this season, by Dawn Otterby
• Review: More like the unnecessary death of a good cast in a bad movie, by Katie Swain
• North Logan parents give school board an earful on new high school, by Jonathan Larson
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.