Journalism May Not Be for You, Young Person
“The editorial writer must be able to write on many subjects. But instead of merely reporting news, he analyzes it and explains its meaning, often expressing his personal opinions. He must reason accurately and fairly, and write in an interesting manner. To understand and interpret problems of the day, he must read and study continually, in addition to having a great amount of knowledge and experience.”
—Encyclopedia Britannica Films, “Your Life Work” series, 1940
• Editorial Comment: Frightening and heart-warming. Recommended for all journalism & gender studies classes.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Barack Obama about rudeness and news? Click here.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• 1,483 pancakes! IHOP fundraiser for kids is about giving—and eating, by Jessica Sonderegger
• AggieTV News—Plane crash ends well, winter weather & more, anchored by Katrina Warburton & Kelton Wells
• A night out at Lewiston Theater, by Shayna Marcure
• Creepy but compelling: ‘Stoker’ director connects with actors, audience, by Dani Hayes
• Confessions of a Sundance groupie: My Day with Dan Rad, by Katie Swain
• Aggie TV News—freezing pipes, chili, snowmen, and a new sports show, anchored by Katrina Warburton and Kelton Wells
• What to believe? Confronting crises of faith, by Katie Feinauer
• Wild turkeys on the move, looking for better digs in Paradise, by Dawn Otterby
• Ammo shortage in valley stores frustrates customers, by Jonathan Larson
• To beer or not to beer? Hyde Parkers will vote on that, by Zach Dau
• Soccer registration starts Saturday in Providence, River Heights, by Paul Christiansen
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Winter Delirium—I have a head cold
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email email@example.com. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.