Steve Jobs, 1955-2011
“Part of the narrative that made Apple what it is today goes out with Steve Jobs. I came out to honor the fact that one man with vision, courage and unwavering dedication can still change the world. The way that I communicate and the way that I interact with the world is through things that Steve Jobs has created.”
—Christopher Smith, 40, a former business development manager at vigil for Steve Jobs outside Apple HQ at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, Calif. The Apple visionary died yesterday of pancreatic cancer. URL
• Bites from Steve Jobs:
• “How to Live Before You Die.” Stanford University commencement address, 1995.
• “It’s better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.”
• “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
• “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
• “Insanely Great!”
• HuffPo: IPad, IPhone, Apple II: The 10 Most Iconic Products From Steve Jobs’s Career
• Editorial Comment: Please, Apple-shift-Z?
• Visit our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café.
New from HNC:
• USU-Eastern head basketball coach, 31, found dead in apartment
• Local merchants sell out of ‘weapons’ in USU Human-Zombie conflict
• Goat-milk soap, an all-natural attraction at Logan farmers’ market
• HELP WANTED:
PR FACULTY: The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened a national search for a tenure-track professor of public relations and corporate communication. Start date: August 2012. See USU HR link here for full posting and details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• PeezPix cards & prints