More Adventures in Punctuation
“I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again.”
—Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) writer
• Editorial Comment: The Wilde Life: And then, the next day . . .
Image thanks to alert WORDster and paper-grader Evan Pease. Related: Insert appropriate punctuation in the following: “Let’s eat Grandma.”
• TODAY!!! The Children of Ethiopia: From the Cradle to the Grave
Matthew LaPlante, former national security reporter for The Salt Lake Tribune (now an assistant journalism professor at USU), and Tribune photojournalist Rick Egan went to Ethiopia last summer. What they saw: Tuesday, Oct. 4, 1:30-2:45 p.m., TSC Auditorium, Utah State University.
• Visit our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café.
New from HNC:
• Drill team practice pays off for Mountain Crest’s high-kicking Caprielles
• Logan biologist running for presidency of famine-ravaged Somalia
• USU-Eastern athletics budget lowest in state, SWAC conference
• HELP WANTED:
PR FACULTY: The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened a national search for a tenure-track professor of public relations and corporate communication. Start date: August 2012. See USU HR link here for full posting and details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• PeezPix cards & prints