Monday, January 23, 2012

Bread Dough

.
Fair Warning: Kids Are Sponges

“Based on my own experience, I believe the brain is as soft and malleable as bread dough when we’re young. I am grateful for every class trip to the symphony I went on and curse any night I was allowed to watch The Brady Bunch, because all of it stuck. Conversely, I am now capable of forgetting entire novels that I’ve read, and I’ve been influenced not at all by books I passionately love and would kill to be influenced by. Think about this before you let your child have a Game Boy.”

—Ann Patchett, novelist, The Getaway Car: A Practical Memoir About Writing and Life (2011)

• Editorial Comment: Explains a lot: I grew up on Rowan & Martin’s Laugh In.






• Heart & Soul: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Supreme Court Justice Hugo L. Black, about the importance of free expression? Click here.

MORE INTERESTING STUFF . . . .

News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
250 brave icy Hyrum waters to take ‘Polar Plunge’ for Special Olympics, by Kristi Ottley
Flooded basements, closed roads still the story in Cache Valley, by Jemina Herrero
LaPlante: Doing ‘missionary journalism,’ from classroom to war zone, by Kristen Munson
North Logan boundary change may affect corn maze, by Steve Kent
Guv gives Aggies political pep talk, vows more support for colleges, by Allie Jeppson




PeezPIX by Ted Pease

PeezPix cards & prints
. . . Catalog here.


Cukes at Farmers’ Market.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment