Election news: Mitt Romney would have liked to have done better in the South Carolina primary.
“The timid grammarian,
unable to approach the object
of his unspoken proposition,
is destined to dwell forever
alone in the woulds.”
—Andrew Merton, journalist and poet,
“Subjunctive,” from Evidence that We Are Descended from Chairs (2011)
• Editorial Comment: Romney has a little trouble with his verb tense—and he’s a little tight in the shoulders, too.
MORE INTERESTING STUFF . . . .
News from our award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Sundance 2012 opens with powerful Aussie film, Wish You Were Here, by Ben Hansen
• 250 brave icy Hyrum waters to take ‘Polar Plunge’ for Special Olympics, by Kristi Ottley
• Flooded basements, closed roads still the story in Cache Valley, by Jemina Herrero
• LaPlante: Doing ‘missionary journalism,’ from classroom to war zone, by Kristen Munson
• North Logan boundary change may affect corn maze, by Steve Kent
• Guv gives Aggies political pep talk, vows more support for colleges, by Allie Jeppson
Dr. Seuss weeds.