. . . for an Inauguration Day
“Give us the ballot and we will no longer have to worry the federal government about our basic rights.” —Lincoln Memorial, 1957
“Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verbs agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”
“Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.”
“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” —Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech, Dec. 10, 1964
“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”
“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
• Editorial Comment: Amen. Let’s see if we can learn from our past.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Slamdance 2013 Q&A: ‘Rebel’ DJ LeCash as quirky as his film, by Katie Swain
• Sundance crowd panics at film premier when fire extinguisher explodes, by Katie Swain
• Sundance 2013: ‘Crystal Fairy’ is a trip . . . literally, by Ben Hansen
• Advocate-journalists: How suffering in India changed our worldviews, by Dani Hayes
• USU Eastern science prof headed to be Legislature’s ‘father figure,’ by Nathan Manley
• USU Eastern closes residence hall as enrollment woes continue, by Seth Richards
• From teen radio reporter to early-bird UPR host, alum has plenty to say, by Stacey Worster
• National Geographic photojournalist talks about women in photojournalism, by Brian Champagne & Chris Garff, ATV News
• Broadcast news alum now reporting on the world from Vietnam, by Stacey Worster
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
• JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.