The Dystopian Nightmare of Oz
“Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.”
• Editorial Comment: As unnatural weather batters America’s heartland, a disingenuous child kills within moments of the film’s beginning, traveling on a murderous, opium-addled vendetta with a nightmare trio of sidekicks—techno ax-man, geneticized all-organic experiment gone awry, and ferocious mutant feline . . . And a little dog, too.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from President John F. Kennedy, on “the discomfort of thought”? Click here.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Review: A glimpse inside the ultra-private Orthodox Jewish world, by Dani Hayes
• Quadside concert series will continue this semester with local talent, by Manda Perkins
• Cough! County to impose emissions testing, but inversion will remain, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Providence Council says unanimous no to school district’s plans, by Paul Christiansen
• No decision yet by Hyde Park on request to build ‘green home,’ by Zack Dau
• Paradise Valley Orchards will offer vegetables this season, by Dawn Otterby
• Aggie TV News for Jan. 23: Gun control, worst air in the nation, therapy dogs & more, anchored by Katrina Warburton & Courtney Robinson
• Review: More like the unnecessary death of a good cast in a bad movie, by Katie Swain
• North Logan parents give school board an earful on new high school, by Jonathan Larson
• The Eagles land at Sundance with new documentary of 41-year run, by Ben Hansen
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email email@example.com. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.