“The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.”
• Editorial Comment: Shoot the TV guys; spare the dogs.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs in the form of a hilarious TV listing for “The Wizard of Oz,” written by journalist Rick Polito in the Marin Independent Journal in 1998? Click here. See Polito’s That TV Guy Facebook page and blog.
• Faculty Wanted: Join our merry band! The JCOM Department at Utah State University has opened searches for two new tenure-track faculty, a Media Generalist and a specialist in PR/Strategic Communication. Interested?
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• Aggie TV News (Jan. 29, 2013): More winter storms, area traffic accidents, the northern Utah inversion, sports, weather & more, anchored by Emily Landeen & Aaron Griffiths
• Aggie TV News (Jan. 24, 2013): Winter snow, Arts Week, sports & weather, anchored by Brandon Fonda and Victoria Hepworth
• Review: A glimpse inside the ultra-private Orthodox Jewish world, by Dani Hayes
• Quadside concert series will continue this semester with local talent, by Manda Perkins
• Cough! County to impose emissions testing, but inversion will remain, by Curtis Lundstrom
• Providence Council says unanimous no to school district’s plans, by Paul Christiansen
• No decision yet by Hyde Park on request to build ‘green home,’ by Zack Dau
• Paradise Valley Orchards will offer vegetables this season, by Dawn Otterby
• Aggie TV News for Jan. 23: Gun control, worst air in the nation, therapy dogs & more, anchored by Katrina Warburton & Courtney Robinson
• Review: More like the unnecessary death of a good cast in a bad movie, by Katie Swain
• North Logan parents give school board an earful on new high school, by Jonathan Larson
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email email@example.com. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.