Writers on Reading
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”—Jane Austen (1775-1817)
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”—Mark Twain (1835-1910)
“She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain.”—Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888)
“I do things like get in a taxi and say, ‘The library, and step on it.’” —David Foster Wallace (1962-2008)
• Editorial Comment: These people are superheroes.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from childen’s book author Arnold Lobel, on his piles of books? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• A-TV News—USU’s Lund Hall comes down, learning languages, weather, sports and more, anchored by Courtney Robinson and Jason Borba
• Grant White’s subdivision finally approved by Paradise council, by Dawn Otterby
• Millville man gets out of jail early thanks to job offer, by Dawn Otterby
• Chicken coop fire lights up the night; no birds or humans hurt, by Paul Christiansen
• A-TV News—Seagull poop, the Beav, lightbulbs & spring showers, anchored by Kelton Wells & Jason Borba
• Logan temple incident ends in suspect’s arrest on FTA warrant, by Jonathan Larson
• Richmond envisions more modest homes for old and young, by Shayna Marcure
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.