The Iron Lady
“To those waiting with bated breath for that favorite media catchphrase ‘the U turn,’ I have only one thing to say: You turn if you want to. The lady’s not for turning.”
—Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013), Britain’s first woman prime minister (1979-1990), 1980 Video
• Editorial Comment: Iron doesn’t bend. Not always a good thing...
• More gems from the Iron Lady
• “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.”
• “Women have plenty of roles in which they can serve with distinction: some of us even run countries. But generally we are better at wielding the handbag than the bayonet.”
• “We have become a grandmother.” (On the birth of her first grandchild, 1989)• “In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”
• “It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.”
• “As God once said, and I think rightly...”
• BBC obit
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs from Pulitzer Prize-winning movie critic Roger Ebert, who died last week, on how he valued writing? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• A-TV News—Seagull poop, the Beav, lightbulbs & spring showers, anchored by Kelton Wells & Jason Borba
• Logan temple incident ends in suspect’s arrest on FTA warrant, by Jonathan Larson
• Richmond envisions more modest homes for old and young, by Shayna Marcure
• ATV News—I-15 highway shooting, Baby Animal Days, body found in Logan River & more, anchored by Jenna Lynn and Emily Landeen
• ‘Justice and equality’—supporters of same-sex marriage rally in Logan, by Jessica Sonderegger
• Rock-climbing rock-stars bring ‘Project American Fork’ film to USU, by Clayton Leuba
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
The View from above the Sideline Bar
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.