Seems Pretty Simple
“Can I be blunt on this subject? If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
—Stephen King, writer and author of On Writing: A memoir of the craft, 2000
• Editorial Comment: Don’t bother me, I’m reading.
• Yesterday’s WORD: Did you miss yesterday’s WORDs on the role of social media in reporting the Boston Marathon bombing? Click here.
News from USU’s award-winning student news site, The Hard News Café
• NEWS FLASH: Hard News Café repeats as 2013 best independent student news website in Intermountain West!
• Aggie journalists best in region with 20 excellence awards, by Kelton Wells
• Same-Sex Marriage: Even in Utah, love will find a way, by Emily Landeen, A-TV News
• A-TV News: Gas prices, hate crimes, and walk-a-mile in her shoes, anchored by Emily Landeen and Jenna Lynn
• Elizabeth Smart tells USU crowd of her ordeal, by Shayna Marcure
• Annual Braveheart Run will benefit 5-year-old Melanie Clawson, by Grady Smith
• Opinion: Do women have to leave Utah to achieve equality? by Jessica Sonderegger
• Spiked! USU journalists create fitting award to honor ‘curmudgeon’
• Opinion: Confessions of a recovering Facebook junky, by Jessica Sonderegger
• AARON the computer creates constantly changing art at USU museum, by D. Landon Graham
• Gallery Walk a great opportunity to stroll, enjoy the arts, by Jonathan Larson
• Smithfield mayor hopes new homes will attract more families, by Tanner Simmons
• 68 years after Auschwitz, survivor explains why she forgives the Nazis, by Dani Hayes
• JCOM department honors its best & brightest, announces $30K in scholarships
• Walk your own walk, says USU alum in her book, ‘Ballerina Boots,’ by Dani Hayes
PeezPIX by Ted Pease
Original PeezPix archival prints, matted at sizes from 5x7" to 16x20" or larger, available for sale: $14 (5x7), $28 (8x12) and up. email email@example.com. Thanks for asking.
(Be)Friend Dr. Ted, Professor of Interesting Stuff
JCOM @ Utah State University—The best little professionally oriented journalism program in Utah.